Friday, October 8, 2010

Livin' On A Prayer

Halfway there!! To where, I have no idea, but I'm halfway there!! ( Few will get this.. fewer will laugh at it...) So this week.. its been interesting... A lot of deep thought has been going on in my mind. Stuff that is less important, and stuff that is important. Today I had to bike instead of run, and that was different. I just sat there, and moved my legs. I did a lot of thinking, and the occasional giggle at the man who was insanely working out.... The reason I had to bike... Picture THIS.....
It looked worse while I was actually running... So at Syracuse. In the rain. In the cold. In the wind. I fell. I honestly dont remember it. I just remember getting up, having my teammates encouraging me, and running. The pain wasnt all there.. I looked down a few minutes later, and guess what!? My leg was covered in blood. Yeah it was intense. Quite the battle wound. I think I ran harder than normal, because i wanted to stop. When I touched that track, I sped up a little. (also, it turned into gold ) I was behind some chick, and Brad yelled at me to "Pass her and dont look back" Usually i think what Brad says is right, but that i cant achieve it. Today, I listened and acted. I passed her and sped up, and didnt slow down for that last 450 meters. It was the best feeling ever, cause I felt like I was flying down that track! When I got inside the school afterward, the pain hit me. I became so emotional, that I'm embarrassed to think of it now. I was crying hysterically. I walked down the hall, right by the boys team, and just let it all out. I cried. So. Much. Usually I want to be alone, and I was, for a second, until my friend came up to me. He gave me one of those hugs, and said "its ok, you did great. lets get you some help. you did great!" It's people like that, that make these situations okay. 
"You can't choose the ways in which you'll be tested." -Robert J. Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment